Wednesday 20 July 2011

You talkin a me?

Man these little chooks really do have serious attitude!  They quite happily bail up the chooks four times their size, fluff themselves up to look as big as possible and give em a bit of chookie attitude.  I can just imagine them saying, "You talkin a me? I said, are you talkin a me?"


They've got some cosy accommodations set up in a large aviary and a pen is being attached to one end to give them a safe outide run where the foxes can't get them.  Ignore the rolls of wire around it,   it's a temporary measure to discourage the foxes until I've put something around the base to stop them digging under.   The A frame on the end is currently housing the quails and Alex's bunny, eventually it will be attached to the chook run as well and during the day we can let bunny out for a run.


I made them a nice big nesting box out of some plywood and painted it.


My lovely neighbour is sharing the love and offered me a great little aviary today so I'll get that set up and one of the pairs of parrots will move across into that so that they have a bit more space :)

1 comment:

  1. loved meeting you today......looking forward to seeing what you get up to on your block...
    from nellymary and her mum....
    http://justlikemynanmade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete