Friday 27 May 2011

In the beginning...

The husband and I just bought our little piece of paradise. It's an empty half acre of mouse infested grass right on the highway!   I know you're all jealous already but just wait until I get my hands on it.


So what's already happened?  Well before I decided to write down the specifics of my conquest over the mice and the weeds I'd already got started.

So here it is when we first bought it
It's a deep block, 83 metres deep infact, the highways behind me and it's ours down to that red container that belongs to our neighbour.  The mice have burrows in the grass, pretty sure they belong to a race of radioactive super mice because those buggers are HUGE!


First we added an old freebie caravan, if you like mould and 80s brown and yellow then you'll love her!

Yesterday I dug out three trees from the very front of the property, a coral tree (if you like noxious weeds then this ones a real gem) and two old suckered fruit trees.  My poor mattock will never be the same after the husband finished off the third one for me.

Lastly today I baited the supermice, I used regular Tomcat bait, if that doesn't work napalm might be the next option...

No comments:

Post a Comment